SkyQue Kodi Skin
Christmas Update (0.0.4)
SkyQue Alpha 0.0.4: Welcome to the latest update from MrKnowItAll, although this update is only a small one, the changes should greatly improve the user experience. We have adjusted the sort order of the MyQ section to make it easier to manage our end. Also, we have fixed the layout of lists, (the layout you see from inside certain add-ons). You will now have the choice of three layouts from add-ons and browsing media sources; List, Widelist & InfoWall. Lists will display a simple list with the title and description shown on the top whilst WideList will display similarly but will also show a small thumbnail over the mini tv section. InfoWall is more of a mimic of how the menus are set up and will display the thumbnails in a vertically scrollable wall. You can set which to use for your own taste or leave it standard if you’re not bothered.
As it is approaching Christmas we have released a seasonal variant to our skin with snowflakes on, this will be altered after the new year.
- MyQ Section will show programs in a different order.
- Lists (View 50 for you geeks) now adjusted to fit into the theme correctly.
- Wide list now correctly showing to match the theme
- Add-ons page now correctly fitted into the theme.
- InfoWall List now correctly fitted into the theme.
- Snowflakes! Yep, Christmas is appon us so some snowflakes are in order to keep you all feeling festive.
- Fixed issue with ITV addon not syncing with the skin correctly since its update.
PLEASE READ BEFORE INSTALLING: We are far enough along our journey to now be able to release our current work to allow you to see what it’s all about. This is not the final product nor is it in any way completed. You will find broken parts and missing sections and we cannot guarantee you will not break your Kodi setup by installing this. If you are still interested to try this out for yourselves then carry on reading and we will explain all. This will only work on Kodi 17 upwards. If you are using Kodi 16 or below do not attempt to install this as it will not work!
- BBC iPlayer (Can be found on the Kodi Repository)
- YouTube (Can be found on the Kodi Repository)
- ITV Player (Click here to find out how to install)
- UKTV Play, Same repo as the ITV Player above.
- Covenant (Click here to find out how to install)
- You can install more add-ons as you wish but these are required for the skin to work properly.
*Please understand some features are subject to change and the final release may look completely different.
Please refer to our prevoious update post for more screenshots of ths build. Click Here To See.
- Here is WideList in action, a nice simple list with the information above and cover art displayed in the mini TV guide.
- Here is the List View, a good option if you normally have content playing in the mini TV guide so you can still watch it while browsing for more things to watch.
- Here is the InfoWall in action, as you can see it presents the list in thumbnail format so its easy on the eyes and quick to spot what you are looking for. seen on our Catch Up TV preview.
We are just over 260 hours into this build and it is coming together beautifully. Let us know your thoughts on how it looks.
How To Install Sky Que for Kodi
(Yes you can install it straight over the top of our SkyHD build)
Here is the part you’ve all come to see.
- First, you need to make sure you have the repo set up in file manager so go into your file manager and add ‘http://www.mrknowitall.xyz/repo’
- Now back out of the file manager and go into Add-ons, Click the box at the top to install new add-ons.
- Click install from zip and go to the source you have added.
- From there you will need to click on the ‘Alpha-Testing‘ section and then click on ‘skin.skyque-x.x.x’ (Currently at the time of writing will be 0.0.4).
- WAIT!!! Don’t worry or panic just wait, it may take up to about 5 minutes if our servers get busy but it will silently download in the background
- Once it has downloaded you will get a prompt to change to the skin, click yes and then click Yes again to confirm the change.
- You have now installed the new skin, you will need to make sure you have all the add-ons listed at the top of this page.
You may find there are a few odd things about the skin. Why have you got 2 TV Guides?? One is linked to use any PVR addons you are running whilst the other is linked to iVue guide. Go down to settings, Interface, Customise, Main menu Items. from here you can toggle on or off most of the menu items on the main menu and submenus.
The help section is not in operation, there is simply one video (One of ours) as a placeholder until we get some tutorials up nearer the full release of this skin.
If something is broken or needs amending post it on our Facebook page. We will have a post stickied at the top of our page to post issues regarding this skin.
We hope you enjoy the work we have currently done and stay tuned for more updated